October 7, 2019
Philadelphia, NYC, or Washington DC
20 October, 2019
$36,000 - $55,000
In One Sentence
Sunrise Movement is dedicated to stopping climate change and creating millions of good jobs in the process, by building an army of young people to make climate change an urgent priority across America, end the corrupting influence of fossil fuel executives on our politics, and elect leaders who stand up for the health and wellbeing of all people.
How you will make an impact
This position will be responsible for creating a standardized movement wide pipeline and be excited about supporting our distributed movement.
In November 2018, following our 6-month 75-person electoral organizing fellowship, Sunrise Semester, we launched the campaign for a Green New Deal alongside Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. In 2019, Sunrise has continued fighting for a Green New Deal and elevating the urgency of climate change in the public and the media. Sunrise Movement Education Fund (501c3) and Sunrise (501c4) are organizations dedicated to supporting the mobilization and leadership of Sunrise Movement.
Sunrise Movement is hiring for a full-time Hub Finance Manager to support the distributed finance system Sunrise has implemented to support our volunteer hub network around the country to raise and spend money. This position will be responsible for creating a standardized movement wide pipeline including onboarding, management, and operational support for hubs across the country. The ideal candidate will be excited about supporting our distributed movement to increase their capacity, skilled in systems development and systemazation, committed to holding rigor around process, and a creative systems thinker who does the work to get unstuck. This position will also work with the Finance and Operations Manager on financial and operational support as needed.
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Key Relationships: Finance and Operations Manager, Hub Fundraising Manager
Location: Strong preference for Philadelphia, NYC, or Washington DC, but flexible for the right candidate.
Hub Finance System- 70%
- Develop, systematize, and execute an onboarding flow for 200+ volunteers to gain access to the Hub Finance system.
- Maintain systems and processes to be in accordance with all fundraising and campaign finance laws.
- Manage volunteer team of Hub Finance Treasurers to develop best practices, and create a network of support.
- Ensure timely submission of spending reports.
- Support hubs with logistical work for local grant making, including narrative proposals and budgeting.
- Provide Fundraising Department with metrics, financial analysis, and narrative for grant proposals related to the Hub Finance system.
General Operational Support – 15%
- Supporting on Financial and Operations special projects as needed.
- Act as staff support for hub operations (insurance, finances, etc).
- Proven ability to innovate and troubleshoot systems, processes, and tracking methods
- Skilled at maintaining and advancing relationships with staff and volunteers across the country.
- A strong alignment with the Sunrise Movement’s principles and a commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion that informs data related work and management.
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Calendar, etc).
- Experience with Excel, ActBlue (or other fundraising system), TrueLink (or other debit card system)
- 1+ year management experience in distributed organizing, campaigning, or operations.
Sunrise offers a benefits package with 100% paid premiums for health care, dental, and vision. We offer unlimited paid vacation and sick days, and an annual professional development fund.
Sunrise believes that all Americans are entitled to a $15 living wage; our standard salary offer is based on a $15 base wage, adjusted for cost of living in your home city. We have a formula which incorporates additional salary variables for various factors, which will be shared with all applicants upon receipt of application.
Sunrise and Sunrise Movement Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, young people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please upload a résumé, cover letter, and 3 references to here. Applications will be accepted for this position until Oct. 20, 2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. December 1, 2019 start date.Please reference Nowhere & Everywhere in your application.
We are committed to partnering with organizations who are proud to be equal opportunity employers focussing on diversity & inclusion. If you have feedback about any of our partner companies, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]