October 8, 2019
November 15, 2019
Dependent on experience
In One Sentence
Firefly is a creative, branding and digital design agency based in Edinburgh, Scotland. As a team, caring for our planet is one of our top priorities.
How you will make an impact
As our agency continues to grow, we’re on the lookout for a Marketing & Accounts Executive to join our small, fun and ambitious team. Working alongside our Client Account Manager and Creative Director, the successful candidate will help raise Firefly’s profile online, generate new business opportunities and look after our fantastic range of clients.
As a team, caring for the planet is one of our top priorities. So much so that, as part of our mission to reduce our impact on the environment, we make donations for trees to be planted in Indonesia’s Tanjung Puting National Park on behalf of every new client we work with.
We’ve also taken simple steps to improve the way we work in order to further reduce our emissions. One of the key ways we reduce our carbon footprint is by closing the office one day a week so that everyone can work from home and omit their commute. We also try to walk and cycle to work where possible and do everything we can to reduce, reuse and recycle in the studio and at home – we’ve even opted to use oat milk instead of dairy milk in our tea and coffee, because oat milk is the most sustainable milk there is.
Jump on board and…
- Manage our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo, YouTube), creating content for successful campaigns and driving engagement.
- Write content and articles for our website.
- Compile our quarterly newsletter and track engagement. Manage the promotion of our projects across online communities.
- Work with our Account Manager and liaise with clients to ensure projects are completed on time and to their satisfaction.
- Support our Client Account Manager/Creative Director to compile proposals/tenders.
- Act as our front of house, greeting any visitors and making sure the room is set-up accordingly – including plenty of Tunnocks’ treats!
We need you to have
- Flawless writing and communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
- A proactive and motivated mindset and willingness to always go the extra mile.
We’d like you to have (but it’s not essential)
- Experience working within an agency.
- A background or degree in marketing, PR, communications or equivalent.
- Experience creating and driving successful social media campaigns.
- Experience writing content for blog posts or articles.
- Experience using WordPress and MailChimp.
- Basic experience using InDesign.
- A love of plants and Tunnocks’ teacakes.
- Take a break: 30 days annual leave, plus extra holidays for every year you’re with us.
- Never stop learning: receive hands-on experience and ongoing support and guidance from our Creative Director and Client Account Manager.
- Work hard, play hard: receive time back in lieu as extra holiday for any agreed overtime you do.
- Bend the rules: flexible working hours, where possible.
- Have a change of scenery: join the rest of the team and do your bit to cut your emissions by working from home every Wednesday when we close the office.
- Invest in your future: enrolment to our contributory pension scheme.
- Cut pollution: get yourself a shiny new bike and kit yourself out with all the accessories with the help of our cycle scheme.
- Get the latest tech: save money on the latest tech products through our tech scheme.
- Get out there: choose to attend relevant industry events, with tickets on us.
- Friday fun: ease yourself into the weekend and help yourself to a beer, wine, spirit or soft drink come Friday afternoon.
- Fuel your potential: tuck into complimentary snacks (of the healthy and not-so-healthy variety) and enjoy an endless supply of ground coffee and an impressive selection of teas.
- Surprise lunches: everyone likes a surprise, especially when it involves free food with the rest of the team!
- A busy social calendar: add our annual Christmas celebration, office party and the ad-hoc team outing to your diary.
- Help the environment: choose to grab a litter picker and join us on our litter-picking sprees in a bid to clean up the area surrounding our office.
- Be a DJ: add your favourite tracks to our ‘Firefly playlist’ and work away to a background beat.
- Have a desk buddy: be assigned your own spirit animal figurine to work alongside you.…and more!
How to Apply
If your organisation and communication skills are out of this world and you’d like to be part of a forward-thinking design agency, please email [email protected] with a cover letter and copy of your CV.Please reference Nowhere & Everywhere in your application.
We are committed to partnering with organizations who are proud to be equal opportunity employers focussing on diversity & inclusion. If you have feedback about any of our partner companies, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]